Upcoming Events

Psychic readings by phone, email or in office.
Order books or book me to speak to your private lecture group.

Hosting Mukilteo Metaphysical Meetup on the 3rd Wednesday monthly in Mukilteo, WA.

Sign up for articles and info at dolly@dollymae.com
If you want me to reply to your comments, either include your email or use the contact button on the right.





Thursday, March 13, 2008

Taking the El in Chicago

The Elevated train, commonly called the El, as all crossword puzzlers know, was lots of fun. My good friend Leah and her very sweet husband, Russ, and I all went down to the Handcock Building, one of the tallest buildings in Chicago. What a perfect day to go to the observation deck on the 93rd floor. It was sunny, clear and almost 60 degrees after a horrible cold spell here. The building is only 3 blocks from the El station, The Lake, and a lovely walk. We were all hungry and passed the Devon restaurant on a corner. The menu looked good: upscale seafoods done creatively. We ordered the Chipotle shrimp burrito. It was heavenly. A lovely little jicama cold slaw with it. The biggest surprise was the incredible, hot off the cookie sheet, homemade baking powder biscuits... oh my god... they were just like my grandmother made. They had a whipped butter with lemon rind bits and honey. I just had to have a 2nd one! They were spectacular. On my way out I ran into the manager and THE cook of those heavenly homemades. I raved... oh my oh my. I want to go back and I recommend it to anyone!

No comments: