Upcoming Events

Psychic readings by phone, email or in office.
Order books or book me to speak to your private lecture group.

Hosting Mukilteo Metaphysical Meetup on the 3rd Wednesday monthly in Mukilteo, WA.

Sign up for articles and info at dolly@dollymae.com
If you want me to reply to your comments, either include your email or use the contact button on the right.





Saturday, March 8, 2008

Off to Chicago soon

I’m off to Chicago soon. Should be a fun trip. I’m staying with my good friend Leah, and her family. Another friend told me I should go see the John Handcock building this time. Last time I went to the Field Museum and spent 8 hours all by myself.. if you can really be by yourself in a huge museum! It was great. The dinosaur display was impressive for its size. I had been to the famous Tyrrell Dinosaur Museum near Edmonton, Alberta a few months before and that was amazing. You walk on a see through floor so you can see the prehistoric sea life under your feet. That was cool.. but very weird to take that first step onto the ‘non-floor’ of thick plastic. This time in Chicago I’m thinking of going to the Planetarium and the Aquarium. I missed them last time… the Field Museum took all my time and was so worth it. Some of its displays were so static, rigid… rows of mannequins standing in costumes and huge glass ‘cages’ of taxidermy animals from all over the planet. A museum guide explained to me that when the museum was built, there were no TVs and the museum was basically phenomenal, equal to Discovery Channel and National Geo all rolled up in one. Duh.. why didn’t I think of that. It really is important to put myself in the shoes of others so I can see the real reasons for things and understand what's happening in a whole new way.

No comments: