Upcoming Events

Psychic readings by phone, email or in office.
Order books or book me to speak to your private lecture group.

Hosting Mukilteo Metaphysical Meetup on the 3rd Wednesday monthly in Mukilteo, WA.

Sign up for articles and info at dolly@dollymae.com
If you want me to reply to your comments, either include your email or use the contact button on the right.





Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Trusting Yourself


Following a girlfriend in my car, she stopped to tell me my right headlamp was out. Yikes, no wonder I’d been having a problem driving at night. I knew it was an easy fix. I’d go to the parts store and get a new bulb.

Listening
In the back of my mind I kept thinking it was too soon to have to replace that bulb.  It had only been a year. They should last longer. You know that nagging feeling. You need to listen to it.

Stymied
Got the bulb and couldn’t get the dang thing in. Replacing it myself should have been easy, but there was this obnoxious little metal clip that you either needed a special tool or a Schwarzenegger to remove. I didn’t have either one. Ok, I’d get help. I stopped in a collision repair place that had been so helpful before. He offered to replace the bulb for free.  Wonderful; I knew this would be easy!

Oops
The light bulb receptacle was fried; this wonderful man was preventing me from having an electrical fire in my car. He sent me to the car dealership to get the part.

Fish on the Line
The parts man says the little plug part isn’t separate from the entire headlight and costs $495.00!  I was shocked.  It didn’t feel right. It didn’t make sense. I didn’t need new; I’d just get a used part.  The nice parts man suggested a place and gave me the number. That man tried to reel in a big fish, me, telling me it was $250.00 and that he might be able to cut some piece out of an old car and only charge me $75.00.  This fish wasn’t biting. It still didn’t make sense. I was stymied. I needed more information.

Tracking it down
I called my car repairman. He sent me to an auto parts store where it was solved and my entire bill was $7.50.  Yup, a teeny fraction of the quoted costs by the big boys, the ones who know and the ones whom we thought we could trust and who should have known.  Stupidly or set up; it doesn’t matter. My car repairman installed it all for $20.00. All this was resolved within a couple hours.

We create
It’s up to us to use our heads, stay in touch with our sense of things and keep searching. I won’t waste my time speculating about their motives; none of them was complimentary. I know I get to have the reality I feel reflects me.  If I felt like a victim all the time, I’d have created a different outcome.  But I don’t feel like a victim.  I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that I can have a reality based on fairness, love, harmony and joy.

Trust
I know I can trust myself. That is the point nowadays; learn to trust yourself, no matter what or who is telling you anything. If you trust yourself, you don’t have to trust others. You will be in charge, in alignment, in synch with all that is. This is your divinity. Learn to trust yourself. If something feels loving, it’s in alignment. If not, let it go. Get more information. Trust yourself to know.

Moral of the story.
You don’t have to do everything yourself; others can often do it better.
Getting stymied can be a good thing. Stop judging a situation; it needs to be played out in full.
Don’t trust the first diagnosis. Trust yourself.  Keep asking questions
If you can’t make a decision, you probably need more information.

Just a car
My friend recently survived breast cancer treatment only to learn she didn’t have breast cancer. Second opinions are essential in a world where most are overwhelmed and overworked. This was just a car and just a headlamp, but it could have been a medical diagnosis or an expensive home repair. Make sure you take your power back when someone seems to know it all and apply your intuition and common sense to any situation. Learn more. Trust yourself.

No comments: